Sunday, August 17, 2008

Not so depressing!

Over the past few years i have come to realize that i don't get depressed as often as i used to. I guess exposure to engineering, train travel, work, stupid girls, their 'rona dhona' has made me stronger. However when i do get depressed now, its much more intense.....actually suicidal. In my desperation I used to do a lot of things and the few which helped are.....

1) NOT sit idle - You sit idle, the depression gets multiplied by a factor of two every hour. This is the first not-to-do when depressed. You bloody keep thinking about it & thoughts like "maybe, i could, i should, what if...etc" keep running, but doesn't really take you anywhere. Help yourself into some activity mate.

2) take a haircut - funny right!! keep reading ...i take a haircut, if possible even change my hairstyle. This works wonders for me. With every snip of the barbers scissor, i feel my anxieties go away. Kya connection hain malum nahin! Lekin when I step out of the saloon, i feel like a new man.

3) Eat - People say they loose their appetite at such times. Well for me its just the opposite. I tend to eat a lot. I eat 5 times a day, twice as much & for some reason the food tastes so good then, even when am alone. hmm sukka mutton yaad agaya.

4) Friends - What would I be without my kickass friends? I got loads of friends but some of them are really special! you know I am talking about my guy friends here. Words like "abay salay, kya leke bhait gaya" "Tu kya pagal ho gaya hain" "arre, you are Mohsin The Great, its a shame to see you this way" are so uplifting and inspiring. ................ Sab ke sab feku salay! but sigh.....it works on me.

5) Ride my bike - this ones my favourite. I believe there always someone better at whatever I am doing. But when it comes to zooming........... i believe i can take just about anybody's ass! A good race is what I need always! There comes a time when i cannot make out the difference between me & the machine. Donno if i become a part of the bike or the bike becomes an extension of me. I am not riding then, the bike just responds to my instincts. It gains me almost all my lost confidence & adds more to it.

1 comment:

Ritu said...

hmmmmmmmmmmm..... cld hv helped u wth a better way of nt getting depressed....